Technological advances and a societal focus on environmental factors have made building eco-friendly homes fashionable and more affordable. Celebrities working with top custom homes builders are discovering ways to maintain their lush lifestyles while creating net-zero luxury homes that produce more energy than they use.
Bryan Cranston, Ed Begley Jr., Lisa Ling, and Leonardo DiCaprio are among the famous Americans who have championed the use of eco-friendly custom home builders to construct dream homes that have implemented energy-saving systems without compromising their comfort for sustainability.
Verde Home Builders uses these same techniques new home builders Austin TX rely on to save money on monthly energy bills while still getting the custom home of their dreams.
Eco-Friendly Construction Tips Used by Custom Home Builders
Eco-friendly television and movie stars bring valuable attention to the use of sustainable materials and systems to construct custom luxury homes. The industry professionals at Verde Home Builders will employ the same methods to build on your lot and achieve net-zero energy sustainability.
The following is a sampling of some of the most popular and effective eco-friendly construction and operation systems used by celebrities.
Sustainable, Reusable Materials
When Lisa Ling and her husband, Paul Song, tore down an existing home to build their new custom dream house, they used the materials from the old structure, resulting in a 100% diversion rate. The old roof was resurfaced and re-purposed for hardwood flooring, and anything that was not reused was donated to Habitat for Humanity.
Constructing custom luxury homes using thick concrete foundations creates an effective barrier that controls interior temperature fluctuations and airflow. This sturdy, lasting structural base protects the home from extreme weather conditions while allowing any exterior design choices to remain intact.
Installing solar panels is a common thread among celebrities building their dream homes. Solar panels mounted on the roof supply all the electricity needed throughout the home. Residents in central Texas see the same type of savings with new home construction Austin relies on from the experts at Verde Home Builders.
Cranston and Begley Jr. are two celebrities who take full advantage of rainwater that falls on their luxury homes. Rainwater harvesting barrels and tanks collect the water to be used for laundry, cleaning, and other household uses. In addition to saving on monthly water bills, rainwater collection systems also reduce flood risks and significantly reduce the need for groundwater on the property. Begley Jr. makes use of a 10,000-gallon water collection tank that is used for everything from irrigation to doing the laundry.
Custom Homes Builders Use Eco-Friendly Systems of the Stars
We live in an age where energy-saving systems are becoming standard in the custom home building industry. Celebrities have done a lot to raise awareness of eco-friendly custom home builders’ methods for building luxury homes that produce more energy than they use. Verde Home Builders are highly respected new home builders Austin, TX trusts to supply the same energy-saving systems that the stars use.
Verde Builders Eco-Friendly Design
Three converging factors came together as home builders Austin area residents began relying on eco-friendly design choices.
- Technological advances made energy-saving construction options more accessible and more affordable.
- Societal trends moved toward accepting ecological concerns and making actionable changes in approaches to homebuilding and operations that benefited the environment.
- Energy conservation efforts at home saw significant savings in heating and cooling costs over time.
Smart home builders in Austin began incorporating cost-effective, eco-friendly design elements into residential construction plans to lower construction costs – while offering long-term saving and environmental regulations compliance.
New Home Construction Austin
When it comes to new home construction, Austin homebuilders see a multitude of benefits in eco-friendly design. A shift in the residential construction industry has focused on ways to integrate eco-friendly systems and applications into new home construction projects. Changes in processes and methods require experienced and knowledgeable designers and home builders in Austin, Texas, to save residents money and create dream homes that conserve more energy than they use.
Save Money in the Short and Long Term
Planning and making sure home builders in Austin TX use eco-friendly, sustainable materials and processes will save money throughout each construction phase. A boom in demand for eco-friendly design materials has made durable, sustainable products even more affordable.
Installing energy-saving modern appliances, multi-pane windows, and energy-efficient HVAC systems result in significant savings in operational costs throughout the year.
Eco-Friendly Design Choices Are Good for Your Health
Traditional and natural home building materials are often vulnerable to dangerous health risks like mold and mildew that thrive in areas that retain water and moisture. Focusing on durable, moisture-resistant materials will protect your home and your family for health hazards that can cause breathing problems to anyone exposed.
Proper insulation materials and installation techniques will help improve the air quality throughout the home and foster the flow of clean, safe air no matter what the conditions are outside.
Top Eco-Friendly Design Choices for Home Builders in Austin
There are many choices for home builders in Austin, TX looking to create eco-friendly designs for residential properties. Even small adjustments to design or construction plans can make a big difference in the overall every-saving effort.
Among the most common ways to create an eco-friendly design for home in the Austin area include:
- Temperature Control: HVAC units used to cool and heat your home throughout the seasons of the year can make a significant impact on the operational costs of your home. Modern heating and cooling systems are equipped with energy-saving materials, and use as little energy as possible to provide a comfortable living environment.
- Programmable Thermostats: Thermostats that users can program to maximize energy-saving properties are becoming standard for home builders in Austin. Heating and cooling timing and temperature adjustments can be programmed to take into account for times when no one is home. In addition to the monthly energy savings, efficient operations of your HVAC systems will prolong the life of units and components.
- Insulation: Professional insulation of the walls, attics, basements, and roofs of the home will allow temperature and airflow control, keeping interiors protected from the most extreme weather conditions outside.
- Windows and sliding glass doors: For far too long, the qualities of a home’s windows were ignored concerning energy efficiency. Today, the marketplace is full of energy-saving, double- and triple-paned windows and sliding glass door options.
- Walls: Concrete exterior walls absorb exterior weather elements effectively to allow for better temperature and airflow control inside. Low maintenance brick walls provide a classic look while protecting the home from extreme weather conditions.
- Lighting: Advances in LED and smart home technology allow for lighting options that can add spectacular enhancements to the rooms of the home and save a lot of money over traditional incandescent bulbs.
- Water: Eco-friendly water systems can help you save on utility bills. The installation of a rainwater harvesting tank is a great way to let Mother Nature supply the water you use for laundry and other cleaning purposes.
- Electricity: Installing solar panels on the roof of the house can lead to significant savings down the line, but may require substantial installation costs.
- Landscaping: Proper drainage systems and strategic landscaping and hardscaping designs can maximize the exterior space for energy-saving purposes.
Mistakes to Avoid in Eco-Friendly Designs for New Home Construction
Designing a home that is eco-friendly and takes advantage of energy-saving materials and processes can save homeowners money for years to come, but mistakes or miscalculations can also be costly and work to negate the savings.
- Think Ahead: There was no way to anticipate the needs of today’s eco-conscious home builder 30 years ago. Design flexibility will attempt to accommodate unanticipated changes in the way homes will be designed and built in the future.
- Bigger is Not Better: Most experts in eco-friendly home design suggest smaller design elements to save on the amount of space needed to be controlled for temperature and air quality.
- Improper Insulation: Skimping on insulation costs homeowners significantly more than it would have to insulate the home in the first place properly.
Homebuilders in Austin Creating Eco-Friendly Designs
As the popularity and effectiveness increase for green home eco-friendly designs in the home construction industry, it will be easier and cheaper to implement energy-saving materials and methods. It is no longer necessary to go “off the grid” to take advantage of the benefits of eco-friendly design and green construction methods. Energy-saving approaches are becoming mainstream and will be the standard for all kinds of design applications.
Building a home with an eco-friendly design can be a challenging endeavor with high long-term value. Implementing energy-saving processes, materials, and systems will provide a more comfortable living environment for your family while saving on monthly operational costs for years to come. Homebuilders in Austin are making eco-friendly design decisions that are benefiting families throughout Texas.
Get Started With Verde Builders
At Verde Builders, our expert team is here to help you achieve your home building dreams. If you are looking to build your home or improve your current home’s carbon footprint, contact a member of our team today!